Potential New Members:
Please join us at one of our recruitment events or fundraisers to learn more about the Junior League of Huntsville! To join our mailing list, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in transferring your membership to the Junior League of Huntsville? We welcome any member (Provisional, Active, or Sustainer) in good standing to transfer to our League. Member commitments are determined by the Junior League of Huntsville based on the date of transfer. To initiate a transfer, please contact your current League and request that they submit a request to the Junior League of Huntsville. Questions? Email email@example.com.
- Be a catalyst for change by serving Huntsville and Madison County
- Directly impact the community and work closely with our community partners
- Build lifelong friendships while meeting other professional women
- Develop personally and professionally through our volunteer training opportunities
- Be part of a global impact as part of the Association of Junior Leagues International
Eligibility and Application Process:
The Junior League of Huntsville is reopening the application process for membership in the 2018-2019 Provisional Class. Applications will be accepted from Monday, May 14, 2018 through Midnight on Thursday, June 7, 2018. The JLH welcomes women of all races, religions, and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
The JLH will consider applications from interested applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must have been a resident of Madison County, Madison City, or Huntsville City for one year prior to June 1, 2018.
- Applicant must be 23 years old as of June 1, 2018.
- Applicant must have two Junior League sponsors for membership.
- Applicant must fully complete the online application, including two signed letters of recommendation and a resume, and return to the JLH no later than Midnight on Thursday, June 7, 2018. All incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Applicant must pay dues ($175) and course fee ($75) no later than Midnight on Friday, June 8, 2018. All applicants who fail to do so will not be admitted into the 2018-2019 Provisional Class.
Applicants who wait until June 7, 2018 to apply will be notified within 12 hours of close of application window of whether their application has been accepted and should make plans to pay dues and course fees within the following 24 hours – but no later than Midnight on June 8, 2018. All other applicants will be notified within 24-72 hours of receipt of their applications of whether or not their application has been accepted and, if accepted, those admittees should make plans to pay dues and course fees on or before Midnight on June 8, 2018. The link to submit an online payment will be sent out by the Membership Council upon acceptance.
To apply, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Beth Zinn, Executive Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Provisional (New Member) Commitments
New Members, called Provisionals, will attend General Membership Meetings and monthly large or small group meetings, complete a Provisional project, actively participate in fundraising initiatives for the League, and attend social events. Provisionals will pay dues and fees totaling $400 ($175 dues, $75 Provisional course fee, and $150 yearly fundraiser quota). The yearly fundraiser quota must be met by May 31, 2019 and can be fulfilled through various fundraising opportunities.
Applications Received After Deadline
Applications are accepted throughout the year. All applications received after June 7, 2018 will be held and considered for the 2019-2020 Provisional Class.