Potential New Members:
Please join us at one of our recruitment events or fundraisers to learn more about the Junior League of Huntsville! To join our mailing list, please email your contact information to email@example.com.
Are you interested in transferring your membership to the Junior League of Huntsville? We welcome any member (Provisional, Active, or Sustainer) in good standing to transfer to our League. Member commitments are determined by the Junior League of Huntsville based on the date of transfer. To initiate a transfer, please contact your current League and request that they submit a request to the Junior League of Huntsville. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be a catalyst for change by serving Huntsville and Madison County
- Directly impact the community and work closely with our community partners
- Build lifelong friendships while meeting other professional women
- Develop personally and professionally through our volunteer training opportunities
- Be part of a global impact as part of the Association of Junior Leagues International
Eligibility and Application Process:
The Junior League of Huntsville will begin accepting application for the 2020-2021 Provisional Class on January 15, 2020. The JLH welcomes women of all races, religions, and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
The JLH will consider applications from interested applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must reside within 20 miles of Huntsville City boundaries.
- Applicant must be 25 years old as of June 1, 2020.
- Applicant must have two Junior League sponsors for membership. Applicant may state in her application that she needs assistance from the Membership Council in obtaining sponsors.
- Applicant must fully complete the online application, including two signed letters of recommendation (preferably from non-JLH members) and a resume, and return to the JLH no later than Midnight on June 15,2020. All incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Applicant must pay dues ($175) and course fee ($75) no later than Midnight of the application deadline on June 15,2020. All applicants who fail to do so will not be admitted into the 2020-2021 Provisional Class.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Amy Roark, Recruitment Chair at email@example.com
Provisional (New Member) Commitments
New Members, called Provisionals, will attend General Membership Meetings and monthly large or small group meetings, complete a Provisional project, actively participate in fundraising initiatives for the League, and attend social events. Provisionals will pay dues and fees totaling $450 ($175 dues, $75 Provisional course fee, and $300 yearly fundraiser quota). The yearly fundraiser quota must be met by May 21, 2021 and can be fulfilled through various fundraising opportunities.