The Junior League of Huntsville has been part of building a better Huntsville/Madison County community and making lasting community change for over 65 years.
Since 1949, we have given more than $2 million to various agencies and initiatives in our community. Junior League of Huntsville members collectively contribute thousands of hours in volunteer service each year in support of our local community. Since its inception, the Junior League of Huntsville has been involved in a wide range of programs which address some of Madison County’s most critical issues, including early childhood education, literacy, childhood nutrition, hunger, healthcare access, and life skills development.
The Junior League of Huntsville is deeply committed to improving Huntsville/Madison County by our direct service projects that help create healthy, educated families.
Our Community Projects for 2017-2018 are
To maximize our impact in Huntsville/Madison County, the Junior League of Huntsville has partnered with other local non-profit agencies whose missions align with our own, including:
- The Academy for Learning and Character Development
- CARE Center
- Children 1st
- The Community Foundation of Greater Huntsville
- Girls, Inc.
- Hospice Family Care
- Huntsville City School System
- The Huntsville Housing Authority
- Huntsville/Madison County Public Library
- Liberty Learning Foundation
- Madison City School System
- Madison County School System
- New Hope Children’s Clinic
- North Alabama Center for Education Excellence
- The Schools Foundation
- United Way of Madison County