Junior of League of Huntsville
Administrative Assistant Position Description
Provides administrative office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and executing administrative projects. Reports to the Junior League of Huntsville (JLH) Board of Directors and Personnel Committee.
Schedule: Part-time (12 hours per – 3 days per week)
Salary: $12.00 per hour Benefits: No health insurance benefits or paid leave
- Maintains workflow independently to complete all tasks in a timely manner
- Utilizes JLH systems, databases, and procedures to maintain accurate member and donor recordkeeping up to date. Performs data entry.
- Maintains regular office of hours of no less than four consecutive hours on three business days each week (e.g., 12 hours per work week). Must be available to work occasional evenings and/or weekends at JLH special events.
- Conducts general receptionist duties by greeting visitors & members, answering the telephone/taking messages, checking & responding to email communication, forwarding messages, receiving U.S. Mail, etc.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge of JLH databases and systems by completing online training courses
- Inputs scheduled meetings on the JLH calendar and manages reservation of the JLH Office based on member requests
- Rearranges light weight furniture for meetings upon member requests
- Regularly communicates with JLH’s accounting firm to send bills, requests for reimbursement, etc. as needed.
- Provides general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying to management
- Maintains hard copy filing system
- Prepares and modifies documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, and emails
Skills and Qualifications:
Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Microsoft Office Skills, Managing Processes, Organization, Analyzing Information, Professionalism, Problem Solving, Supply Management, Inventory Control, Excel Skills, Verbal Communication, and Knowledge of Operating Standard Office Equipment.
Please submit your resume, including three professional references, in Microsoft Adobe/PDF format to email@example.com . JLH will accept resumes until the position is filled.