Partner with JLH
JLH members provide hundreds of hours of volunteer service in the Huntsville/Madison County community through their committee placements and various short-term projects requested by organizations. Simple Opportunities for Service (SOS) are opportunities community organizations to request JLH volunteers for specific events or short-term projects. The SOS Program is well-suited to partners that do not have the capacity or need to support volunteers year-round. Helping with these projects is part of the JLH’s ongoing commitment to improving and making a difference in our community through the effective action of our trained volunteer members.
If your nonprofit organization has a service project for which you would like to request JLH volunteers, please consider the following guidelines and submit your request via the SOS Volunteer Request Form:
- Projects should align with the JLH focus on improving our community. JLH’s current community impact focus area is family literacy and working to achieve comprehensive literacy competency for all Huntsville/Madison County residents. However, all requests for service projects will be reviewed and considered.
- Projects cannot involve any type of transportation of others or fundraising (e.g., selling tickets, obtaining silent auction items, etc.)
- Projects can, however, include activities related to a special event (e.g., registration, set up, coat check, floater, etc.)
JLH has provided volunteers for the following SOS projects:
- Causeway Huntsville’s “One Table” Thanksgiving Meal
- “Once Upon A Winter’s Night” Literacy Evening at the Madison Public Library
- United Cerebral Palsy’s “An Irish Evening”
- Semper Fi Community Task Force’s Wounded Warrior’s Dress Boutique
- Autism Society for Alabama’s Walk 4 Autism
- The Madison Street Festival Children’s Craft Area
- United Way of Madison County’s Jumpstart Read for the Record
To submit a request for JLH volunteers in conjunction with our Simple Opportunities for Service program, please complete the SOS Volunteer Request Form no later than three weeks prior to the project date.
Decisions to support SOS requests are made on a rolling basis by the Management Team. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in JLH volunteers.