The League Year runs from June 1, 2011 to May 31, 2012. All of the obligations listed below should be completed within that time.
All Active Members must earn 5 Membership Points. 3 of those points must be from General Meeting Attendance. The remaining 2 points can be from any of the following:
- General Membership Meetings (1 point each)
- A League-approved training workshop (1 point)
- A council meeting (1 point)
- An extra fund-raising shift (1 point)
- An extra community shift approved in advance by the Community VP (1 point)
All Active Members must fulfil their individual placement obligations and attend the annual Placement Fair.
- Membership Dues (Due April 15th, late fee added after May 15th)
- Apple Annie shift (Long-Termers/Privileged Actives exempt)
- Spring Fundraiser shift (Long-Termers/Privileged Actives exempt)
- Spring Fundraiser financial quota (Long-Termers/Privileged Actives/Transfers exempt)
Active Members who have completed 5 full years of Active Service in good standing in the League are automatically converted to Long-Term Active status. Long-Termers have the same requirements and benefits as an Active Member, with the exception of all Ways and Means obligations.
Active Members who have completed 8 full years of Active Service in good standing in the League, 3 of which were in the Junior League of Huntsvile, or one who has served as President of the Junior League of Huntsville can request Privileged Active status. Privileged Actives have the same benefits as an Active Member, with the following obligations: Annual Dues and either the completion of 5 Membership Points annually or the completion of a Placement.Privileged Actives are not responsible for any Ways and Means obligations.